Charts using Excel Services
We are going to see how to display charts using Excel Services in MOSS 2007.
1. Create a ‘Report Library’ to store the excel spreadsheets eg., http://MossServer/Sales/CustomReports
where,Sales is the subsite. CustomReports is the Report Library.
2. Add the Report Library location as trusted location. To do this,
Central Administration ->Shared Services Administration: SharedServices1 > Excel Services Trusted File Locations
3. Ensure that,
a. Excel Calculation Service is running (Central Administration > Operations >Services on Server)
b. OfficeServerApplicationPool is running (IIS -> <Local Computer> ->Application Pools)
c. Check the dafault SSP and the associaltions (Central Administration > Application Management > Manage this Farm’s Shared Services)
4. Now, create a excel file (I’ve used Excel 2007) with charts.
5. Publish the excel file to the Report Library created in step 1.
6. Create a Excel Web Access webpart. Browse and set the excel spread as Workbook. Set the Chart 1 as Named Item.
Your charts are displayed as shown below,
No comments yet.